Saturday, June 12, 2010

BP Oil Spill

Ok...here is a subject we have not discussed yet on the Conservative Chatterbox...the BP Oil Spill, so I will kick it off.  While I agree that it was BP's fault for not taking the proper safety precautions I believe that the Federal Government is almost as much to blame due to it being their responsibility to inspect these kinds of rigs.  So if they would have been doing there job in the first place, instead of...oh I don't know...trying to pass Socialized Healthcare...then this may have never happened in the first place.  What does everyone think about Obama calling for BP to pay for the economic strain to companies caused by the oil spill?

3 comments:

jess said...

Did you know that BP was up for the white house safety award a few months before the oil spill?

I believe that BP should pay for the clean up but that Obama should follow his own advice and take some responsibility himself. His admin let BP run the rigs the way they were and this happen. POor birds!

jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh H said...

I agree with BP paying for the clean up of the spill. What I'm saying though is Obama announced that BP should have to pay local fishermen, etc, who are out of business now because of the spill. While I agree the Federal Government shouldn't pay local companies, because this will just result tax hikes, I don't know if the answer is to have BP pay every fisherman.